Sunday, July 13, 2008

13th July 2008

Youth Sunday!!!

July 13, 2008
The Time Of Anyone’s Life
Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. —Galatians 6:9

What am I getting out of life? That’s a question often asked by those who focus only on themselves. But as believers, we need to ask: What am I putting into the lives of others?

Years ago, Dr. Wilfred Grenfell served as a medical missionary in Labrador. On a recruiting tour, he challenged nurses at Johns Hopkins Hospital to join him for a summer in his difficult ministry. He promised them hardship and discomfort. He warned that instead of earning a salary, they would have to pay their own expenses. But he also promised them they would experience joy because “it’s having the time of anyone’s life to be in the service of Christ.”

A nurse who accepted that challenge wrote this after her return from Labrador: “I never knew before that life was good for anything but what one could get out of it. Now I know that the real fun lies in seeing how much one can put into life for others.” If we change that word fun to blessing, we have the key to Christian self-fulfillment.

Take the apostle Paul’s encouragement: “[Do] not grow weary while doing good . . . . Do good to all” (Gal. 6:9-10). Put yourself into the lives of others for Jesus’ sake. You’ll experience a fulfillment beyond compare. — Vernon C. Grounds

Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today. —Smyth

We are at our best when we serve others

Today was youth sunday, and once again i would like to thank the Lord for giving us all the strength to push through even though most of us slept quite late...
Although i am sorry... that i was not able to complete and improve the slideshow in time... thus i say: "there will be better ones to come!!!"

Today's daily bread speaks of serving and what we reap we will sow, in doing good or evil. Thus as followers of Jesus Christ, we should continue on the tough journey as the devil will see that while we are doing good, he will continue to poke and sting us and the pain can only be relieved in Jesus' Name! So as Ms. Lee says... Flame on for Christ!!!

Indeed today's devotion has a huge impact on me, as i just been put down by the negative emotions that rig my heart, for example, why i continue to show myself as a leader, as a elder brother, as a friend, as a mentor... So it really put me down while i was having fun and i wanted to go home... so i started to walk home...

somehow... I felt along the way that i should stay with the rest of the youth... which in turn, brought me to bishan... Thai express was expensive... so i didnt eat.. although i lived off some scraps before turning to LJS for clam chowder... and bus-sed home with marcus ng. Why the Lord may have impressed upon me to go bishan... i have absolutely no idea...

In the time to come probably...


No comments: